SoCalROC update

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SoCalROC update
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 11:25:55 -0800
Hey List,

A few weeks ago, I posted my intentions to form a roadster club in Southern
California. I heard from many owners, received a lot of advice and even some
constructive criticism.

I wanted to let the list know that things are going along pretty well even
though we are heading into the holidays and Y2K. I have heard from about a
dozen people saying they would like to be part of the new club and I also
have started up our web page. The web page is still under construction and I
am receiving input from members. It will be making its debut on January 1st,
2000.

Our inaugural meet is still scheduled for February 6th, 2000 at El Dorado
Regional park, but may get moved back a day to the 5th to make the event a
Saturday. I am calling it "Winter Cruise 2000" (My apologies to those people
who actuallly have to shovel snow, rather than paint it on storefront
windows the way we do in Southern California) and there will be maps and
info about the meet posted on the website.

For those of you located in the San Diego, San Fernando Valley, or the
Inland Empire, I realize that you are also "Socalers" and are invited to
come to the meet. ANYONE is welcome. One member of our group is 16 years old
and has inherited his dad's 68 1600. Humans 16 to 106 (meaning drivers,
passengers can be anyone or thing), Car years 63-70. Bring 'em all on. I
will be taking pictures and posting them on the web site. I am planning to
have a pot luck picnic and family and friends are also welcome. Drive maps
for the cruise will also go up on the web site. My plan is for us to vote on
"best of meet" and that person will have the honor of being lead car on the
cruise.

Only fun and comraderie will be happening. I am very excited as my own 67
2000 Solex car will be making its debut after the boys at CDM get her road
worthy again!  So if you would like to plan a trip to Disneyland for your
family (Great rates in the winter) and want to make the trip, I also invite
out of state people, BADROC, WyCROC, OROC, and any other "ROC" to come.

Those of you who would like to come and can make it, I would appreciate if
you could RSVP to me no later than January 20th, 2000. I hope to make this a
fun and enjoyable event for all and a great way to start off the new year
and find a new appreciation of our cars.

See you on the road,

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
SRL311-00489