Re: How do you fill the transmission Gear Oil on a 1500?

To: Duram Plummer <duram@mossy.com>
Subject: Re: How do you fill the transmission Gear Oil on a 1500?
From: corcoran <corcoran@bainbridgeisland.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:03:39 -0800
Well, typically you just reach in over the rear top of the motor and just pull
out the dip stick. Then ya get one of those long necked funnels and pour through
the dip stick hole.  Be sure to whip the road grime free, first,during and
after. (keep it out of the tranny)If you need, there are alternate ways such as
using one of those hand pumps that screw into the top of a pint of 90 weight
that you can get from any auto parts store. They come with about 18 inches of
tubing and you can hold the bottle near the carbs and pump and them check the
level.
Tim C
2 '64 1500 Fairlady's