race car questions

Subject: race car questions
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 06:03:02 -0500
Howdy all,

I've been going through the SCCA GCR, trying to figure out what things on
the car need to be updated to bring it up to spec for G Production.  The
last time it was raced was '92.  I have a current GCR, but it would be nice
to have some insight from the racers out there so I don't miss anything.
The cage diameter and wall thickness seem to be good, and the belts will get
updated, other than that, everything SEEMS ok.  I know there have been some
big changes between '92 and '99 for Production, but I can't recall what they
were.

Also, I'd be interested in finding out what sort of racing seats people are
using.  I realize this depends greatly on cage design, but I'm just trying
to get a 'feel' before I do any serious shopping.

Happy Roadstering,
Chris Coker
'69 1600
'66 G Production racer