horse power and horse poop

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: horse power and horse poop
From: Ross <datsun@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:26:47 -0800
many years(1988)ago I got to tour the Electramotive shop that was
producing some mighty fast Nissan cars. One of the guest speakers was
none other than John Morton who was part of the team when roadsters were
the focus of Nissan motorsports. He remembered all the development work
going into the U20 and remembered vividly that after 205 hp on the dyno,
the U20 were unreliable and had a tendency to blow up. Now with the
advent of head studs, and other improvements, it is clearly possible to
boost horse power out of a U20. Nitrus is the cheapest form of horse
power gain.  Turbo or  supercharging a motor add money to gain
performance. Personnally, my 1967 J13 daily driver 411 wagon(at a
whopping 67 hp) is almost enough power for me... money talks, bullsh*t
walks, now if I could just get around to installing that turbo FJ20 fuel
injected motor into something rather than have it collect dust on the
shop floor, thats why I'm walking these days(even when driving the
411.....)
--
Ross Mullen
SPORTS IMPORTS - your Datsun Roadster Parts House