In pursuit of parts

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox-team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox-team.net>
Subject: In pursuit of parts
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:08:13 -0800
Hello All,

Many of you have probably read with some amusement my thread concerning the
pursuit of latches for my 67 2000. While I am still looking for the latches,
I am happy to say that I have received several emails from vendors and
owners alike who have the latches and are willing to sell them to me. Yes,
they will be expensive, but I can get them.

I was thinking that there was probably more than a few of you who read my
post and thought "been there, done that". Which one of us has never thought
" Man I would LOVE to get my hands on that 7 qt. oil pan" or "I'd love a
three row radiator for my 1600". I bet not one person on the list has never
pined after a part. Yes, they are expensive and I know we have to do some
fast talking when trying to convince a significant other that it really is
necessary to pay 1250.00 for that solex setup we saw on ebay. My own
girlfriend says I "turn into a teenager" whenever I talk about my car.

So I look for parts. I shop around. I read the posts and I search the
internet every day hoping a new web page has surfaced with some tidbit of
info about the cars I didn't know. It's all part of the fun. So when your
wallet screams when you get a quote from Dann, Les, Mike, Ross, Dean, Stan
or some other owner on the list, just remember why you are doing it. As far
as the vendors are concerned, they need to make a living and this is their
livelihood. I don't mind paying for the part as long as I get what I pay
for.

And every time a new part goes onto my car, I get so much more than the
money I spent on it.

Andrew Murphy
672000 Solex.