Buying and Selling

To: "'Mike Poorboy'" <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Buying and Selling
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:32:00 -0800
We have all been on either side of this wonderful bastion of capitalism.
When you are selling, the number one motive is to sell the car at the
highest price you can. Fairness and admitting to a perspective buyer that
there are problems with the car is a personal judgment call, but the old
saying "Let the buyer beware" comes into play. When you go to look at a car,
you know what you want, what you are willing to pay, and what to expect from
someone who is selling their car. If the seller tries to sell you a bill of
goods, you walk.

I have seen a lot of threads concerning the price of the cars. While
condition and maintainability come into play, I don't think anyone will
argue that you can really make money buying and selling these cars. P.O.s
will tell you they don't make money selling cars, they make money selling
parts. Those of us who work on projects know that if you are going to
restore a car, you will not recover all of your costs when you sell it.

My two cents,

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex Money Pit