Re: Roadster 1300- another possibility

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster 1300- another possibility
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:39:20 EST
In a message dated 12/30/1999 08:51:22 MST, Mlandskroner@mlg.com writes:

> >Was I mistaken or did Datsun produce a Roadster with a 1300cc engine?
>  >I never heard of one nor saw any info about it.

Uh,.....one other possibility no one has seemed to mention here: First
question- Was it the "standard" (Later) body style? He didn't mention it was
one of the old "swoopy" ones. Maybe, just maybe, someone has done an engine
swap to a later *A* series, (or even a *J* - don't start Alan & Jim!) and was
feeling sassy enough to stick a 1300 emblem on it. Discreetly playing with
emblems is something I've dome a lot with on various British cars in the
past. Anyhoo... just another (more likely) possiblity here......

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ