Thank you...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thank you...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:31:43 EST
Hello,

I just wanted to post a small appreciation email to all of the friends that I
have made over the last several years on this Datsun Roadster Mailing List.
I joined the list in the spring of '97 when I was introduced by another 67.5
SRL Roadster owner Steve Jeffords.  Since then I have made so many friends.
The list has made a profound change in my life as well as in my new choice of
friends.

There are so many of you that I have met and become friends with but there
are a few that have gone beyond the "Roadster Buddy" relationship and have
shown me what type of "great" folks own Datsun Roadsters.

First I would like to thank Barrie Strachan for showing me the true meaning
of style and generousity.  At Solvang '97 he noticed that I didn't have a
stock gas cap and he generously gave me his since he relocated his gas filler
tube to an internal filler inside of his trunk.  This was the first time I
had ever met him and I was truely impressed.

I also want to thank Mike Clothier for his generosity of giving me a
beautiful set of vintage leather straps for my luggage rack.  He noticed that
I was using bungee cords and sent them to my house.  Thanks Mike.  I will put
them to good use.

Les, Dennis and the rest of the Classic Datsun Motorsports gang in Vista, Ca.
 They have once, twice, three times and more saved me when I needed help with
some parts and advise.  They were always willing to help me in any situation.
 Their company is a first class act.

Ross Mullen at Sports Imports too has always lent a helping hand and was most
generous when Mary and I paid him a visit last year.  Thanks for the brake
shims that you sent to me this past month.  Once again, Ross is more than
generous and much appreciated.

A big thank you goes out to Ron Hamilton and Lance Roth who rescued me out of
the Arizona Desert when my 67.5 2000 lost a rear wheel bearing.  It was the
weekend and there were no parts available to make the repairs.  Ron actually
pulled the axle assy off of his own Roadster and put it on my car so that I
could continue my trek to New Mexico.  Not only did he help me with my car
but he and Judy provided me with a place to relax and get out of the hot
desert sun but Judy did all of my laundry too!  I am still embarrased but
very greatful.  and to think that I wanted to take them out to dinner to
thank them only to find out that the restaurant didn't accept credit cards.
Thanks for the dinner too.  ;>)

And n that same trip Joseph Berkenbile lent me a hand in Albuquerque when I
blew a brake line on the way to New Mexico.  I was hot and tired and
frustrated and he took me in and helped me bleed my brakes.  Thank you.

My BADROC Buddies!  Without the list we would never have existed.  We are a
tight group of friends and it just keeps getting better with every meet.
Special thanks to Fred Katz and his family.  Mary and I consider them part of
our extended family.  Fred stuck by me on our first trip together to Solvang
and helped me get my '66 1600 running when it quit 150 miles from home and
150 miles from Solvang.

Finally I want to thank everyone on the Roadster List who supported me with
my 1999 Classic Datsun Calendar project.  Of the thousand or so of you that
purchased the calendar I am very greatful.  I hope to meet all of you one day
in person.

There are certianly more of you that I have failed to mention but rest
assured that if I did remember you would have been mentioned.  Lets keep this
Datsun Roadster fellowship going!  Long live the Roadster List!

Take care and a promising Y2K to you and your Datsun!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL-000248 Solex
http://members.aol.com/calspeed/index.html