Earlier I asked about removing the red lead primer when I chemically stripped
the engine compartment of my 2L this last week. Thanx to the dozen or so
that responded, I spent 2 solid days stripping the compartment, the next day
shooting 2 coats of etching primer and 2 coats of Acrylic Enamel. Looks
great! Also spent a 4th day cleaning up and POR 15 (ing) the chassis before
remounting the body to it. That's the most work it has seen in about 15
years. Hopefully now I can start reassembly and show her off.
BTW, after stripping (using a steel toothbrush) I washed it well with a
vegetable brush, then the corners with the steel brush, then by rag, then by
hand (feel), then blew it out with 120 psi, then wiped it down with PrepSolv.
Hope I got it all!!!!!!!!
Wayne Loomis Co.