Re: Home car painting tips

To: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Home car painting tips
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:47:54 EST
Hey group

Earlier I asked about removing the red lead primer when I chemically stripped
the engine compartment of my 2L this last week.  Thanx to the dozen or so
that responded, I spent 2 solid days stripping the compartment, the next day
shooting 2 coats of etching primer and 2 coats of Acrylic Enamel.  Looks
great!  Also spent a 4th day cleaning up and POR 15 (ing) the chassis before
remounting the body to it.  That's the most work it has seen in about 15
years.  Hopefully now I can start reassembly and show her off.

BTW, after stripping (using a steel toothbrush) I washed it well with a
vegetable brush, then the corners with the steel brush, then by rag, then by
hand (feel), then blew it out with 120 psi, then wiped it down with PrepSolv.
 Hope I got it all!!!!!!!!

Wayne Loomis Co.
SRL311 #11995