Re: Stolen 1967.5 in SF

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stolen 1967.5 in SF
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:20:37 +0000
A highly recommended, but little used, means of discouraging car theft
for parts is to inscribe the VIN* everywhere it can be done. This
means, at a minimum, the windows.  If done well, it's not at all
disfiguring (uh, don't use 4" lettering!) and yet is obvious to
thieves.  This makes these parts TRACKABLE, which is exactly what the
bad guys DON'T want.  I'm sure if one of us has a car so marked
stolen, the whole list would be on the lookout for those parts in a
hurry.  Perhaps notices could be posted on eBay, etc.  Get the idea?
It shines a light on their activities.

Mark van der Hoek

*VIN  Vehicle Identification Number   IT'S NOT A VIN NUMBER!!!!!