Manifold Vacuum

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manifold Vacuum
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:11:39 -0600
Hey all!

BTW, thanks for all your responses on my many questions during this rebuild,
it has been a learning experience to say the least.  I have very limited
time and access so the restoration has been a drawn out process but
hopefully I'm closing in on it.

After your advice on my 2L, I was able to take the vacuum line OFF the
manifold port and place it ON the carb vacuum port.  Made quite a bit of
difference <g>.  I am still experiencing a higher idle than I perceive to be
acceptable.  I can't get it any lower than about 800 rpm.  Even after
screwing the idle adjust screws all the way out, the motor will not die.

The intake vacuum @ 1000rpm is approximately 18-20 in-HG.  Is this
acceptable?  I am fairly certain I am not leaking around the insulator
blocks and the carbs are brand new Z-therapy rebuilts (is that an oxymoron?
<g>).  Are there any other ports on the intake or carbs that could be
leaking or do any of you have other possibilities?

Thanks!
Nathan