tranny shift rods

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: tranny shift rods
From: Carrie and Lorie Brown <brown4@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 18:12:25 -0800
I need some advice on how to get the shifting rods out of the tranny.  I
have removed the pins holding the forks to the rods, and the rods turn,
but the rod which has 1 fork attached to it does not want to come out.
I have also removed the detent balls and springs also.  I have tried
tapping gently on the end of the shaft from the bell housing end, but
the shaft does not want to budge. I am hesitant to really pound on the
shaft end for fear I could bend something.  Any advice would really be
appreciated.  Thanks also to all of you who helped me with the rear end
questions.

Kelly Brown
67 1600