carbs and heater hose

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carbs and heater hose
From: Chris Lyon <croxx@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:27:14 -0600
Alright noot everyone jump my case too quick, in leiu of sending my su's
off to be rebuilt too quickly I tried to clean them first. I broke them
completly down got all the gunk off the springs and everywhere else, put
them back on the car and started up strong. but no idle too speak of and
things just went down hill from there. No I can barley get it too start.
Is there a standard bowl adjustment with the little clip thingy? On the
needles, Do you just push them up in there as far as they will go, or is
that preety much have to be set withe a micrometer? They are stamped
N25.
Or should I just suck it up and send them off?

On a brighter side, my heater hose had cracked, I think it was still
original!! And I managed to replace with a nice new one that was,nt the
old braided type. I also didnt even destroy my console, too much anyway!

Thanks in advance

Chris Lyon
'69 1600
'69 2000