Frame-up restoration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Frame-up restoration
From: JAY FORD <jay.ford@adtran.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:26:46 -0600
To all,

I have delivered the body shell of my '69 roadster to the body shop for work
this winter.  I have a few concerns that I hope the list can help me on:

1.)  The engine compartment has a triangular boxed section that connect to
the firewall and is supporting the front side apron(s). I have this section
on the Passenger side only.  The Drivers side appears to have been torched
out.  Is this done by the factory or a PO?

2.) My color appears to cross reference as "Indian red" (not PC), does
anyone have the red color code for 1969?

3.)  Are wiring harness available for the front and rear?  Or is it better
to have these made?

4.) I don't know if I have a header or a exhaust manifold. The device I have
is welded to the exhaust pipe.  Is there an aftermarket header and exhaust
kit available?

5.) Since I have the car apart, should I install the often mentioned
firewall support brace, and should this be painted body color?

Thanks!

Jay Ford
Chicago, IL