Another PO story!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another PO story!
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:25:36 -0500

  Helping a new roadster owner get his newly acquired 1968 1600 back on the road
has made me appreciate how well my 1600's PO took care of mine.  After sorting
through Ralph's maze of rewiring, and finding the fuel line was void of any
filter, and an assortment of other 'repairs'(?), he should not have been
surprised by what he found when he pulled the interior out of the car.
Apparently, the shifter had come loose at some time and the PO, rather than
crawling under the car, cut the transmission tunnel on both sides to get to the
linkage!  And then he used a much smaller bolt than required to hold everything
together so the shift still flopped side to side!  At least he was a non-smoker.
The ashtray recess in the tunnel had been covered over, probably when he snapped
off all for screws that used to hold the center console in place.
  Minor set backs!!  Ralph is working to get his car back on the road and ready
for OROC's MidOhio gathering in June at the Vintage races.  If we had 13
roadsters in last years rain, this year we should top 20!

Paul
OROC