Re: double locking hood

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: double locking hood
From: "J Friederich" <jfried@anv.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:13:05 -0800
This reminds me of .....  in 1986, living 30 miles from town, preparing to
get the the 2000 painted.  I had removed the doors, hood, & trunk and was
driving the rest to the paint shop in town - and got pulled over for an
'inspection'.  The cop was impressed by the 3" 5-point harness, and didn't
give a ticket as he figured I'd not be moving around too much inside the
door-less vehicle.  The paint still looks pretty good (not like some I saw
at Shasta though...)

-John F.
'69 2000 ('69 VW yellow paint) Solex