questions on L20b mods again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: questions on L20b mods again
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:34:35 PST
Hi everyone,

I know some of you out there know some about this so I thought I'd ask
clarification on a few questions I have.  I have an L20b sitting in the
garage right now striped down to the block.  I'm doing a total rebuild.
Right now I'm debating weather I should bore it out 2mm and put a z22s
crank, rods, and pistons in or leave it as is.  My calculations seem to
bring the compression ratio pretty high though with the first option (around
9.5-9.8:1).  I have a u67 casting head that I'm putting on.  Does anyone
know if this is right?  This is going to be a street driver.  Also does
anyone know where I could get a crank from a z22?  Every parts store I've
tried can't get one and I don't really want to have to tromp through junk
yards to try and find one.  I may have to wait till it warms up to get one.

Thanks
Matt Peterson
Zimmerman, MN
68 1600