timing cover removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: timing cover removal
From: Dwight Claassen <whest172@wheatstate.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:36:22 -0800
Hi all;
    There was some talk in the past about re-aligning body on frame.
 Talk was that it could not be moved much.  After much measuring, I
 determined that my body was left of center.  I raised body just enough
 to check rubber pads, replacing only the front two ( front ones overly
 compressed, second ones by engine heat damaged).  Moved body over with
 few problems. Looks much better.
    I also have to replace water pump, so had radiator rodded and with
 everything out, decided to go into timing chain.  It appears cover is
 sandwiched between head and oil pan.  Can I get it off by dropping pan?
 Please don't tell me to pull head.  With all this interest in timing
 chains, I hope someone has, or will, get inspired to post something to
 their site.  Fred Katz, you have a spot on yours for timing chains, but
 nothing there?
 Thanks
 Dwight Claassen
 Whitewater,KS