Re: OT - ratdat & pretty park virus

To: "Mark" <captainhoek@postmark.net>,
Subject: Re: OT - ratdat & pretty park virus
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:33:14 -0800
>Is anyone else getting emails from ratdat@ukonline.co.uk about an email
virus?  The "To:" list is miles long and the only name I recognize is a list
member.  I'm wondering where he got my email address and if others are
getting this junk.  If you are on this list, ratdat, take me OFF yours!

If they keep coming I'll have Mark Dent erase him from the photo!  Actually,
I can persuade him to stop, I think.  heh heh heh  I just don't want to
unload the big guns if he's a list member who's not quite up on
'Nettiquette. - Mark

Mark,

We've got a Melissa type attachment attacking the Early-Datsun List. Poor
Olav from Sweden was the first vector. Ratdat got hit second. By then,
everybody else could see something was amiss and didn't open the sucker. I
never open "exe" extension attachments unless I know exactly where they're
coming from and what they do.

Both Olav and ratdat felt awful and did what they could to warn the rest of
the group. Don't be offended, He means well. It's a pain in the "A**" virus
and for real. I think the Team.net servers automatically cut it out so we
should be safe.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles