<OT> Now Trailer Towing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <OT> Now Trailer Towing
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:02:20 -0800 (PST)
I have used both sprung and un-srung trailers to move
the race puppy around. Yes, it is srung a little
tighter than a stock Roadster. I used a 1500 lb
capacity ratcheting strap on the lower a-arm on the
front and 2 motorcycle 1000 lb pull tight straps
around the rear axle. I also put a wedge in front of
the front wheels 4" tall and a 2x8 cut at a 45 deg
angle behind the front tire. The car will hardly move
with the chocks in place and having the straps it does
not move at all. By hooking to the A-arm the strap can
flex a little with the car movement but not as much as
if hooked to the front cross member. I also have some
non-skid bath tub stuff on the car deck under the
tires just in case. I like the sprung trailer better.

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6 (towed 6000 miles last year)
70 2000
Meridian, ID
Must Go faster Racing
Do You Yahoo!?