Re:

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:21:43 EST
In a message dated 03/09/2000 12:20:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
ristguitars@yahoo.com writes:

<< Hi, Folks,
   Ihave 2 really stupid tech questions. 1) I have to
 pump my clutch pedal to get any pedal pressure,seems
 like there are no leaks. does this mean I need to
 bleed the clutch or do I need a new master/slave
 cylinder?
   2) I know from the wiring diagram that the water
 temp and gas gauges share a voltage regulator. my
 gauges come up to where they should be then fall back
 to nothing. Does this mean the regulator is bad, and
 where the heck is it?  (66 1600)

 Thanks for any help anyone can give.
 Roman LA CA  66 1600
 Do You Yahoo!?

Roman,
Those aren't particularly dumb questions!
On the clutch: yes, could be either.  Look for leaking inside the car at the
master cylinder and leaking from the slave cylinder. Bleed the system and
fill up then watch for any loss of fluid, or discoloration of the fluid,
which would mean you need to replace the flex hose.

There is a little voltage regulator that mounts just to the right of the
steering column that controls the fuel gauge and the temp gauge. A couple of
BOOKS have been written by the more electrically inclined among us about how
to build a better one( the discussion was over my head!) but you can buy one
for about $20.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren, Me