1600 converted to a 2000 with one carburetor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 converted to a 2000 with one carburetor
From: ben.herman@excite.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:09:47 -0800 (PST)
I contacted the individual who is selling this car and received the
following response:

"I don't know the answer to your question.  It was converted prior to my
ownership.  I am not an expert on these cars, so the particular differences
are unknown to me.  I just picked up the car because I knew it was worth
more than I paid.  I'm more of a muscle car guy.

I was told by the previous owner who had the conversion that it was a
'Datsun 2000 engine from Japan' and that the conversion was done in San
Diego where the car is from.  That is all I know.

It has a 4 speed trans."

His contact information follows:

Russell Pennington
Lucent Technologies