Southern California weather

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Southern California weather
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:38:58 -0800
I sent twenty dollars on gas for my roadster on Saturday. ;- }  I didn't
think it was possible, but the price of gas has gone up to 1.99 a gal.
here is SoCal.  Started out for the local stadium event, must have
gotten the dates mixed, no even, so I drove to Classic Datsun
Motorsport's shop in Vista ( about 45 minutes north).  I wanted to take
a look at the SR20DET Les is going to be installing in a roadster, but
not one was home.  Les left a note, back at 1, so I went for lunch (on
Palamar Mountain, about 50 miles)   I was cruising up the mountain, and
the ground turned white, they still have snow.  After lunch, I took an
alternate route down the mountain and back to CDM.  Les showed me the
motor and I returned to San Diego.  Stopped for gas, no change from my
twenty.  What a great day.

PS:  My solex 2000 still pulls hard at 5000 in 5th with my new low
profile rear tires (14 x 185 60s), they are about 2" shorter than my old
tires.  The problem is I don't drive fast now that I am old ( others may
disagree ).
--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (858) 622-7963
4215 Sorrento Valley Boulevard         San Diego, CA  92121