Re: NOWROC BBQ (now Trophies)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NOWROC BBQ (now Trophies)
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:32:36 -0800
>I'm the RE (Regional Executive) for Snake river region here in Boise. Our
club voted a long time ago to not give local event trophies. We only give
trophies out to the novices. It became so hard because of not knowing what
or how many people were going to turn out. Also with 39 classes sponsored by
the SCCA it was just too hard. Our club puts money into bigger year end
trophies. This year class winners got a beautiful 60 dollar lined coat with
nice embriodery. Hope this clears it up a little. Don Miller

I raced BMX Cruiser class till I was 31 (that's why I creak when I move, too
many broken bones) and this is also how we handled trophies. We gave used
trophies to the beginners and novices. I would bring my state and national
championship trophies to my local track and donate them. The only trophy
that meant anything was the one inside and my number plate (#1 Florida State
champion, #4 national)

once
The Big "V"
NBL