Re: Radical 67.5

To: captainhoek@postmark.net
Subject: Re: Radical 67.5
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:55:40 -0500
Roman Rist wrote:

>    I am all in favor of a radical roadster, but leave the 67.5 alone.

Couple of things you might consider related to shoeing a Buick 215 (or
any
lump of domestic scrap metal) into a roadster.

1.  The odds of finishing this project are not with you.  The V8's
simply don't
fit very well and you end up bastardizing the car.  I've seen many v8 v6
abortions!

2.  There are very few roadster owners or potential owners  who would
actually want
a roadster that was hacked up to do the above, so resale is a very bad
option.
This isn't the case with a well done L,KA,VG etc.

3.  Why go to the expense and trouble to put a 50's technology engine
in a roadster? As pointed out there are many better engines that fit
better.
(Most built 215's end up breaking or leaking SOMETHING)  If you talk
with the really knowledgeable
V8 guy's- they avoid the 215's.  The ones that say, yeah, there great we
can build you
one right up are looking for your business!

If you are insistent on the aluminum, you need to find a 90's rover
block.

4.  Decent roadsters are getting fewer by the day.  Why needlessly kill
another?

Jim