Re: Three seater on ebay

To: andrew.murphy@integtech.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Three seater on ebay
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:54:15 PST
Hi Gang,

I actually looked at the car last weekend. I made an offer...but not enough
to convince the owner to sell.

Here is the scoop--

The owner is a chap named Cliff. Really nice guy--been into roadster for 20
years. He currently owners another 66 roadster that is customized beyond
belief.

The car is quite nice. It has a rebuilt 1600 engine (at least the block is a
1600 with no serial numbers). The body is white and the paintwork is
OUTSTANDING!!! Before painting, the engine was removed (for rebuilding) ,
the windshield removed, as well as all the trim. The body/paint work is
outstanding. However, there appeared to be the slightest spot of a rust
bubble forming on the driver's side bottom front fender (however, this could
just be a paint defect). The underside of the fender (flat section) is
excellent.

The engine has about 200 miles since the rebuild. The engine sounded nice
but needs the valves to be adjusted. Has a new exhaust system/header --but
the exhaust tone wasn't perfect; Possibly the smallest of leaks somewhere.
Maybe i'm just used to having roadsters with glass packs.

The car has the incorrect emblems on the front hood & rear. The speedometer,
tachometer are missing the cables. The owner said the temp/fuel gauges
work...but they didn't appear to be working. The car has been converted to
Positive ground. The radio is original but doesn't work. Metal dash has been
repainted (properly) and the seat are nicely upolstered. The driver's seat
is missing the adjustment rails. The car has a roll bar which currently
interferes with adjustment of the drivers seat. The door panels are fairly
new, but are warped. Also the car's heater is currently inoperable.

The car has two side mirrors--look original - but are actually aftermarket.
Has the correct side trim & fairlady emblems. Grill is in average condition
wit a slight dent and average condition chrome. Front windshield frame is
excellent - front glass has slight winshield wiper scratches. Front/ rear
bumbers are straight with average condition chrome. Missing the
weatherstripping on the doors, as well as the rubber grommits that attache
to the hood.

Car has a softop with a decent front wood bow. Softop material is in average
condition. Car was missing two critical side mechanisms that hold the top in
place--but the owner says he thinks they are in abox in the garage. The rear
handle for the trunk is not working properly & the trunk doesn't have  the
original rubber mat.

The car has some nice gold colored enkie wheels (14's) and the owner has the
original wheel (13's steel) with one or two hupcaps. Car has new koni white
shocks. Front end, brake system all seem oaky, but not freshly rebuilt.

This car has INCREDIBLE!!! documentation, including the service manual from
the dealer from new. It has almost all receipts since NEW!!!! Also has an
original SPL310 shop manual (green Vinyl).

All in All, a very nice car. The car is currently in a DMV "non-operational"
status. Tons of work has been done to this car--but it still needs to be
re-vitalized and put back on the road. The car is ready to drive..but there
are still a couple of weekend projects to make this car "just right".

Reagrds,

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA
1966 SPL311