front end ending

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: front end ending
From: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:14:30 -0800
Got the front end back together today. First time in two weeks that both
front wheels turn the same way at the same time! Ball joints cleaned,
re-rubberized, de-gunked and painted, nose blowed, everything but the
new front shocks in. It's starting to look like this old bird will fly
again.

For those of you who shy away from front end work, I understand why
shops stay in business. Not that it is rocket science or anything, but
it is dirty, greasy work. The process is actually fairly
straightforward, if you pay attention to what you're doing and don't
take apart both sides of the car at once (gotta have a model--no digital
camera yet!). However, I'm not quite ready to tackle an alignment.
Fortunately, I have a really good frame and front end shop a few blocks
away that has my confidence.

Many thanks to Les and Dennis at CDM for their online and phone
expertise, as well as 'Those little rubber parts that won't take too
long to replace, will they?' as my wife said at the beginning of this
project. At any rate, no wiggle, no wobble and I can now get the beast
back into my garage without a pusher and two drivers :-)

Paul
67 1600