Re: Question about datsun IRS rear diff strength...

To: <DemonTSi@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about datsun IRS rear diff strength...
From: "Stan Wada" <swada@roundhse.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:03:49 -0800
  Van,

  Funny you ask that question, I am on the Datsun Z newsgroup list also and
have been talking with a guy who is running a 450+hp Buick 231 Grand
National Turbo motor in his '73 240Z with a LSD R200 and otherwise stock IRS
rear end (axles etc.).  He runs 6" motorcycle slicks on stock 5 slot mags
and is running 10.75 @127.50mph in the 1/4mi.  Check out
http://www.beaversprings.com/profile/dgrubb.html.  How's that for good ol'
Datsun engineering?  I also remember seeing another guy on the Z list
running a supercharged 400 Chevy SB who also broke into the 10's in the 1/4
before they banned him for safety reasons because of the IRS axles.  I think
if you got anywhere close to this much HP in a little Roadster Van, it'd be
mostly unuseable(wheelspin) and if you did hook up, you'd either have a
really hard time keeping it straight, or you'd flip the car over.  But
wouldn't it be fun...

  Stan Wada