Re: tech/ Seatbelts and other questions sorta long, but I need

To: "Mark van der Hoek" <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Subject: Re: tech/ Seatbelts and other questions sorta long, but I need
From: "Erik A Smeby" <smamy@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:32:52 -0600
So far that is 3 votes for theft deterrent.  When I get back to my car (it
is stored 45min away) I will investigate.  Between the left side key, the
mystery button, choke adjustments and the proper amount of gas, Rube
Goldberg coudn't have designed the starting procedure better.

Erik A Smeby wrote:

>  One PO mod is something I need a bit of help with.  Threre is a button
> under the dash that needs to be pushed when starting the car.  The key
turns
> the engine over, but it won't start unless the button us pushed.  You have
> to hold the button for about 10-15 seconds after it starts, or it will
die.
> I think there is a wire running straight from the battery to this switch,
> but I havn't spent much time looking at where it goes from there.  Any
ideas
> what this "fix" was for?  Or what real Datsun parts should be replaced to
> eliminate it?

Possibly a theft deterrent, Erik.  Not a bad idea, really.  Can you
trace the wiring and give us some more info?

Mark van der Hoek
captainhoek@postmark.net