Re: Air Cleaner source

To: Mark_Kalmus@dell.com
Subject: Re: Air Cleaner source
From: "John E. Stromgren" <jstromgr@sqi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:37:44 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 Mark_Kalmus@dell.com wrote:

> Who is a good source for a replacement air filter for my 1970 2000 with SUs?
> Local Nissan dealerships have it listed NLA.  Is there another make/model
> with SUs that has a compatible air cleaner?

Hi, Mark.

Ross has had some.

I have also experimented with cleaning the filter - in the interests of
recycling/reuse rather than to deprive any of our fine vendors their due
business.

I have two filters.  I cleaned one by soaking it in Simple Green and then
rinsing it with water.  It looks pretty good, but I don't have an air
compressor, and I thought it would be wise to blow it out (inside out) and
lightly oil the element.  Project incomplete at this point.

For what it's worth,

John
John E. Stromgren
'70 2000 (#14061)