RE: Vacuum Leaks

To: "'Daniel Neuman'" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: RE: Vacuum Leaks
From: Jerry Sharp <jsharp@newsouth.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:47:41 -0400
Daniel,

Vacuum leak - get a can of starter fluid, and lightly squirt it at suspected
areas.  The fan will blow most of it away except where you are really
shooting at.  At idle, the leak is at it's greatest, so the car would be
running rough.  When you hit that leak with the starter fluid, the engine
should smooth out and increase in RPM.
jls