Re: A couple of questions -- Turning the engine by hand and distribut or

To: Mark_Kalmus@dell.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A couple of questions -- Turning the engine by hand and distribut or caps
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:26:53 EDT
Mark_Kalmus@dell.com writes:

<< I am wanting to turn the engine
 manually to put in a new set of points but can't seem to get at the main
 pulley bolt using my 12-inch crescent wrench (even after pulling the fan and
 shroud).  I tried using a 1" socket, but the bolt is larger.  Anyone know
 what size the bolt is?  Is there a trick to getting a grip on it with a
 wrench? >>

Hello,

Why not just put the car in 4th gear and push it forward until you get the
distributor lined up on the high point.  Is there anything wrong with that
procedure?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex