You are some future owner's PO...

To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: You are some future owner's PO...
From: Mark Hatch <mhatch@ics.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:17:33 -0400
Hi all,

Although I'm new to most of you, I been on the list since '93 when there
was maybe 3 or 4 messages a week ( 2 of which were Tom's!) and less than
150 of us on the list. Sure has changed...

I got to admit, like most of you, I find PO stories amusing. With 20-20
hindsight, it is always hard to believe what POs did or did not do. I have
my own PO story... Evidently the PO of my '69 2000 won the car in a poker
game up in Blackhawk, CO. Subsequently, he drove it around the block and
nailed all four pistons with his exhaust valves. The head was shaved .080
on the bottom only and reinstalled. The cam was binding because it needed
another .080 shave on the top... For the curious, Tom used to have the head
for instructional purposes. I like to joke that luck was not on his side
that night when he won that hand!

But let's remember that one of the benefits of the Internet is that it
allows communities to form that span the world. This also means that your
PO, or someone that knows your PO may be still subscribed... It can also
lead to some hard feelings because there is always more to the story than
the amusing part.

Just roll the clock forward 20 years... I can imagine the next generation
of owners complaining about how most of us seem to think that red was the
only original color for our beloved roadster....

Regards,

Mark

Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc.
Visual Development Tools for Professionals

617-621-0060 x108 (voice)
617-621-9555 (fax)

201 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02139