Re: Timing

To: Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:01:05 -0500
Dan,

You are probably fine. I was trying to point out that there is no
one "correct" figure for total mechanical advance. It really does
depend on quite a few things.

With the solex CAMSHAFT, you can run more total advance due to the
cam profile. For the Solex cars the timing was 20 BTDC (at idle),
and with a 7.5 distributor advance cam giving another 15 degrees...
total advance would be around 35 BTDC.

If the compression is higher than original due to a surfaced head
and carbon build up, then 35 might be a little too much... so you
may need to back it down the 31 or so.

Cheers,

Tom Walter

I am curious as to what distributor you are running