Re: Racer Brown

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racer Brown
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:43:12 -0500
Thorn,

The Book you are thinking of is titled
"How to modify DATSUN 510 510 240Z engine & chassis".
by Bill Fisher & "Bob Waar"   HP Books
(Later edition removed various chapters including
Racer Brown's text. That version was published by
Steve Smith Motorsports).

I had two copies of the original book, one excellent
copy and another well worn copy.

Well I kept my old warn copy, as I had a request for
the excellent one... from 'Bob Waar' himself. John
Thawley is the actually writer, but he was under contract
at the time he coauthored the book. Hence the pseudonym.
John Thawley JR, btw is also an excellent photographer
and writer, and active with 510's today.

Racer Brown's comments and Walter Boyce's Rally car
got me started with all this Datsun stuff in 1974!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX