Re: Will It Fit?

To: dhbain <dhbain@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Will It Fit?
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:45:01 -0500

> > Will the following parts from a 1967 fit on a 1970?

Are these parts from a 66/67 body  or the later 67.5 body?

> > Fenders

Back edge were the fender meets the door is different.

> > Hood

The 66/67 had a single brake master cylinder reservoir.
67.5 and later had a notch for the dual reservoirs master
cylinder.  Prop rod is different, and the safety latch
of the '69 & '70 models are different.

> > Bumpers

Yes. As mentioned the license plate light will be different.

> > Doors (if you change the glass and vent windows)

Door Handle & STRIKER (LATCH) are different on those doors.

This does bring up a good point, if the FENDERS & DOORS are
swapped out they may fit as a set. Still you have a different
striker plate to deal with.

BEST BET: See what you can SELL the sheet metal for and
use that money to buy the '69-'70 hood, '68-'70 doors,
and '68-70 fenders (& Modify the side marker light).

I must be getting old... I just do not like the thought
of body work any more. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX