Non Working Horn and other items

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non Working Horn and other items
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:08:49 -0400
On sunday I took my car out and someone cut me off in an SUV and I blew my
horn but nuttin happened. I got home and tested it and heard a relay close
but no horns. So I took apart the horn relay and cleaned the contacts with
400 grit paper and Voila my horn is back!

For early cars - Last year my car wouldn't start as no gas was being pumped
into the carbs. I replaced my electric pump w/ a new Facet and still no gas.
I went to clean the gas filter and noticed the bowl was loose and therefore
no vacuum was formed to pump the gas. Now I have 2 working fuel pumps. Check
to make sure those glass bowls are tight!