Oil drain back tube

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil drain back tube
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:32:01 -0500
I know - this subject is like the alternator one - it LIVES!

Ben sent me the dimensions of the oil drain-back tube as ½ dia. by 3 5/8
long. I made a tube using these dimensions.  The tube goes to the bottom of
the hole ( about an inch deep) before it gets tight.  This makes the tube
seem too short.  The hole has two diameters - the top part is .540 inches
and then it steps down to .500 after about ½ inch deep.   Question - is the
tube supposed to fit in the top portion of the hole or bottom?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Phil
SEROC