ebay persona

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: ebay persona
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:15:23 PDT
All,

I think I have come to realize that Ebay had garnered the same name
recognition that other products have done by their name. You "fedex" a
package or "xerox" a document. While we alll know there are several products
or service providers that provide goods and services, we always refer to
them by their "persona" identities.

Case in point. I bid on some metal door pulls because the plastic ones on my
70 2000 are broken. Nice set. Guy wants 8.00 for opening bid, so I do. Got
outbid right away. Checked a vendor site. These things are less than 4 bucks
each, yet it did not occur to me go there until after I got outbid.

Moral: Check vendor prices against all online auctions. Just because
something is listed on eBay does not make it a better deal.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000
SocalROC