Wiring diagram questions.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring diagram questions.
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:27:47 -0700
Hello All,
        I am feverishly trying to get the car ready for shasta.  I am
installing higher powered headlights. 80/100w.  I am going to power the new
lights thru 2 seperate relays (one for high beam and one for low) wired
straight to the battery.  I want to switch the relays on with the same
wire(s) that must switch on the stock relay.  I want to jump around the old
relay to avoid the high rpm dimming effect.
        Problem is I cant seem to read the wiring diagram.  Can someone
please tell me what wire color I should be looking for??
        ALso, I want to run my voltmeter straight from the batt and have
the ground side switched.  So it only works when the car is on and it really
does read the voltage at the batt.  Can anyone point me to a good place to
hook into a switch ground wire??
                Thanks,
                Daniel 69 2000