Carrying the flag elsewhere

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Carrying the flag elsewhere
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:22:07 PDT
Hello,

Today I did something I have yet to do in my association with the Datsun
Roadster and the Southern California Roadster owners club. I invited a Z car
club to join us on the August 20th Mt. Palomar run. I have received a reply
from the webmaster of the San Diego Z car club saying that the run sounded
like a blast and that he would spread the word. I got the impression that we
would get a good turn out of both roadsters and Z cars.

With all the talk of rarity of our cars and also the vendors and interest
and registries and so on I thought that our news was getting out. But when
Nissan themselves tells a list member that the first Datsun sports car was
the 240Z, it is time to get the message out to tother Datsun owners. I like
the Z cars. I am interested in them, but have no real desire to own one.
However, building interest in our cars needs to start in the place where we
will get the most coverage, and I think that has to be the Z community. I
know that Michael Carion is involved in the Z car club of Northern
California and it seems to further the cause of our cars up there, so I
invited them to come to a roadster run.

Not for competition or one upmanship, but just to get our cars out and
noticed and of course to have a good time. That is why we do it. I think it
will be a good thing.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC