Re: 2L exaust

To: "R Haug" <haugchiro@moscow.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2L exaust
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:31:45 -0500
Bob-
There are two types of flexible exhaust tubing.  The first type is a spiral
wound tubing that is crimped together and can be bent/molded into almost any
shape.  It can be used to route exhaust through even the most difficult
areas.  It is fairly inexpensive and if you could find this in stainless,
you would be better off.  I'm not sure of its long term durability.  My
father used similar galvanized tubing on his car as a flexible joint and had
to replace it after only one year.

The second type is found on many newer cars.  It has a flexible tube inside
and is wrapped with a stainless braided mesh.  It is generally more
expensive, but may be a better long term investment.  The only place I could
find them were at the local muffler shops (Midas-$45).  In my opinion this
is the better option.

Nathan
BTW- When bolting the exhaut to the stock manifold, I found that you can use
the super common fiber "donut" gasket found on many old Chevys.  My old
gasket was shot.  Really cheap and can be purchased anywhere.