Re: SR20 RWD import engines

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: SR20 RWD import engines
From: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:16:58 -0700
Ahh, memories... I had to deal w/that issue when I put a lo-miles Japanese L16
in my
PL521. The plain holes for the smog pump bracket were there, but not threaded
and the
wrong size to tap for the fasteners. Luckily, they were the right size to tap
for a
helicoil for the fastener, and there was room in the engine compartment to get
in there to
tap the holes and install the helicoils. I think I would rather have pulled the
original
L16 and done that ring job...

Gary McCormick
'70 2000