Victor goes Solo II - Report (long)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Victor goes Solo II - Report (long)
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:42:46 -0700
Hot.

Let me elaborate, Very Hot. Next time I'll remember my straw hat and bring
WATER instead of soda pop.

I had a great time and didn't suck as bad as I thought I would. My times
will place me in the upper 75% of all the cars that ran. I loved it and will
do it again soon (September).

Hopefully I will improve. Even after walking the course 4 times I was still
lost on the course and way too busy. I shifted when I didn't need to and
didn't when I did. It seemed like I spent half the time in a four wheel
slide. I couldn't tell you how fast I was spinning the engine I was way too
busy trying to stay on line! But No cones where injured in my quest for
glory.

Less importantly (slightly) Is the equipment changes. Not having an LSD
meant that I spent way too much energy spinning the passenger side rear tire
(Man! Did I tear that poor tire up!) My car was like a male dog, Lifting
it's hind leg to piss on my score. Every one said I'd cut at least four
seconds on racing tires.

I did find I had a real knack for locking the brakes sliding around the
toughest corner (right after the straight) and down shifting all at the same
time.

My times were
68.851 Bad
66.278
66.266
66.185

It's funny cause those tenth second improvements really felt faster

Everybody was way cool. The Team Z crew took me under their arm and showed
me the ropes.  there was a flock of z cars. There was a lot of Toyota GTS's
and they did surprisingly well. One of the best times was turned by a newer
MR2 (55.###) running AS.  A new Honda S2000 was trying to beat him but he
spun three runs. I was the Only Datsun roadster and Did the marque proud by
stomping the S##! out of the Triumph TR6 that was running in my class
(SKII). I made up my mind that even if I break the car, I'd finish faster
than he did!

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles