Re: rear axle bearings and shimming

To: Adam Fox <foxy@pipeline.com.au>, road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear axle bearings and shimming
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:56:53 -0500
Adam,

No not at all.  Most likely we all looked at the fact you had a 1500,
something most of us have never worked on!

So when I spotted your post, I really didn't reply as I didn't know if
my tech tip for the later 1600/2000 rear axle bearing is applicable or
not.

I'll go ahead and post the 1600/2000 rear bearing tech tip. I hope it
is of help. Of course if you need hands-on assistant, and wish to buy
me a plane ticket down to Australia... <grin>.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, Texas

P.S. Meanwhile a little humor about American's in Australia:
http://members.xoom.com/juju51/kangaroo.html

[Currently Range Rover is running a series of adverts in the USA
showing a fellow who has the courage to rescue a dog while standing
in the rain.... ].