RE: Engine Shop in San Jose?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Shop in San Jose?
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:44:19 +0000
Lots of times lift is measured at the valve.  Your
rocker arm will apply leverage at a larger ratio.  The
lifter may only move .235" but the valve moves .335".
If you decide on the port and polish I would suggest
taking it to someone that specializes in that head.  You
definately don't want a hillbilly dirt-track motor
builder trying to grind your head like he did his
cousin's brother-in-law's small block Chevy last week.
A good three angle valve job will make a big improvement
on it's own.
Andy