Re: Carburetor help!

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetor help!
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:12:07 EDT
Paul,
One of the cars now has a tweaked 280Z engine in it and we widened the front
and rear.
If you look down the side of a roadster, both ends taper out to the door-now
ours is pretty close to a straight line so front and rear are about 4-5
inches wider. We did this by cutting a long triangle in apron of each fender,
brought fender out to desired location, and then welded in a triangle to fill
the gap. We hope to be on the road next summer.
Our timing for the new ITS Z car is the same. It is coming along.
Barry's shop has been very busy, which is great, but this interferes with our
play time.
Brock and I have a little venture going there also. We are building (read
Barry is building for us) a 34 Ford roadster with Viper power. We have a TCI
boxed frame, with independent front suspension, Currie 9" rear end, 4 wheel
Wilwood disk brakes, coil overs on all 4 corners, Wescott glass body
channeled over frame, Viper V10 and 6 speed. The car has a carbon fiber
sprint car nose with a louvered hood, Brooklands wind screens, Cobra seats,
Lemans gas filler, Tri-bar headlights and Flame-thrower driving lights, etc.
We are going for a vintage/retro look. Hopefully it will end up nice enough
that there will be people who want us to build them one to their specs.
Being nuts is a wonderful thing.
Sam