Re: Things not to do.

To: <thomas.walter@motorola.com>
Subject: Re: Things not to do.
From: "G-A-Russell" <G-A-Russell@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:28:57 -0500
Tom,
I tried that and found that the vent tube prevented me from pulling the
filler tube out of the trunk. It has to go the other way, back into the
trunk, but then the gas cap won't go through the hole. I managed to remove
the two screws through the filler tube and it came apart and I was able to
remove everything. The lock cylinder is frozen up. If I can't free it up I
can put it back together without the cam actuated locking arm and have a non
locking gas cap. When I parked the car I planned to have it running again in
a week to two. It just didn't work out that way.

Gary Russell
SRL311-00277
Arlington, TX.

I am not optimistic about the condition of my gas tank. It's the next thing
to be pulled off the car and checked out.