Re: PO wiring nightmares!

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>,
Subject: Re: PO wiring nightmares!
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:03:14 -0500
Eric Frisbee wrote

>      I finally have most of the new harnesses in (both dash and
>engine)... and all I can say nicely is "WHAT A DAMNED NIGHTMARE!!!!!"
>Apparently, the PO took the time to rewire part of the engine harness.
>More likely, they took the car to "Bubba's Garage", who charged them a
>fortune to run the fattest wires they could and mated that up to the
>original wiring harness!!!  No wonder I found fried wires everywhere!
>And to make future troubleshooting very easy for the next guy down the
>road, they decided to use only two colors.. red AND yellow!   They also
>happened to rewire portions of the lights as well, using their famous
>red/yellow combination!!  ARRRGHH!!!

     I definitely feel your pain here.  A new harness is worth the
cussin' and cut-up hands. (dash harness)  I am having PO haybag wiring
Deja-vu with my 320 truck I think our respective POs bought their wire
off the same spools (about 12 guage red and yellow?)

     Go to the trouble of replacing grommets in firewalls and such! Save
your work and investment!

-Marc T.