Re: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:12:00 -0800 (PST)
OK Guys, (and gals), I found some nice looking 280Z
wheels, and brought them home. (sorry Bob Wilson, I
didn't find the ones you like).  They have 215 70 14's
on them, and of course they are WAY too big, but I
figured on that.  I am going to have to do a little
rebending on my front brake lines (these are some I
bent myself several years ago) to get a good fit in
front, and I will need to find some SAE lugs that will
be compatable with the wheels, but all seems fine.

My question is tire size.  Calspeed opines that I can
run up to a 195 60 14 wo interfering with my stock '66
front or rear fenders.  That would be plenty of tire
on these 6" (I suppose) rims, however, I'd rather be
too small than too big, especially with my tired rear
leaf spings, to avoid any rubbing or bottoming out etc
w hard driving.

Any opinions on sizes B$ I drop the big bux for new
tires??

BTW, thanks to all for the responses and advice so
far!!!

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC